Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flynn Rider Costume continues

The front lapel/collar is top stitched both along the edges and vertically. The vertical lines and top edge can be done before attaching the piece but obviously the lower part is done after it's sewn to the main body.
close up of lapel/collar top stitching
I chose to leave the inside back facing free from the seam and turn it under for a more finished look, possibly less irritating on the neck too.

In my quest for a leather bag I found a leather rectangular pouch that I think will work. It needs the belt loop, I'll post before and after photos soon.

My biggest concern now is finding the studs for the armhole seams and finding boots. I doubt we'll spend the money for real boots, so I'll have to make suitable covers, plus the spat-like additions.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the studs for my vest in the right color, however I did find some iron on ones in the craft section that work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to find them at a local craft store too. I found some that were the wrong size but I've still got a few weeks left to find them. I think I'm going to try a leather store next.

    ReplyDelete